- 上周日教育讲座回顾 Recap of Last Sunday’s Education Seminar
- Board Announcement on 2016 Principal Search
- CACA Essay Contest 3/5/2016 – NY/NJ Announcement
- 上海夏令营 Shanghai Summer Camp
- Next Sunday 3/6/2016 Seminar: Tax Strategies and Asset Protection & Trust
- WCCC 中文学校讲座: 如何培育杰出的第二代
- 小语世界第七期 Student Corner 7th Issue
- 午餐服务 Lunch service at B registration room
上周日教育讲座回顾 Recap of Last Sunday’s Education SeminarLast Sunday Dr. Bonnie Liao gave a very lively talk on “High EQ Parenting #3 – wholly accepting your not-so-perfect child “. Her stand-up comedian style gig was filled with wisdom and funny puns such as “有一种伤害叫无微不至的爱， 有一种剥夺叫我都是为你好”， “静等花开”， “要补齐所有短处，还是要扬长避短”。 The captivating audience gave loud applause to the humorous lines which all carried insightful and powerful messages of avoiding common parenting traps.
Here is a book list Dr. Liao recommends for the stumbling-and-groping-in-the-
1. Between Parent and Child，孩子，把你的手给我: The Bestselling Classic That Revolutionized Parent-Child Communication – Dr. Haim G. Ginott and Alice Ginott
2a. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk，你会听孩子就肯说 – Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
2b. How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk
2c. Parent Effective Training – Thomas Gordon
2d. Nonviolent Communication – A Language of Life – Marshall Rosenberg
3. How Children Succeed，性格的力量: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character – Paul Tough
4. Mindset – the New Psychology of Success – Carol Dweck
5. David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants – Malcolm Gladwell (Author)
6a. Boys Adrift，浮萍男孩，: The Five Factors Driving the Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men – Leonard Sax
6b. Girls on the Edge，危机边缘–女孩请当心: The Four Factors Driving the New Crisis for Girls–Sexual Identity, the Cyberbubble, Obsessions, Environmental Toxins – Leonard Sax
7. Why Gender Matters – Leonard Sax
8. The Collapse of Parenting – Leonard Sax
9. Smart Parenting for Smart Kids – Eileen Kennedy-Moore
10. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking，安静的力量–内向者的静争力： – Susan Cain
11. Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child The Heart of Parenting，孩子， 你的情绪我在乎： – John Gottman (Author), Joan Declaire (Author), Daniel Goleman (Foreword)
12. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People，高效能人士的七个习惯: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephen R. Covey (Author)
13. Emotional Intelligence – Daniel Goleman
14. you just don’t understand– Tannen,Deborah （注： 其中一些书尚无中文译本）
The board has authorized the nomination committee to start the 2016 Principal search process. The committee members include Dapeng Hu, Holly Huang, Jun Lin and Michael Wu. The nomination committee is to identify and nominate potential candidates, confirm candidates’ acceptance of the nomination, review candidates’ application materials, conduct interview and check references as necessary, and recommend all qualified candidates to the Board. The board will review all candidates and vote to select the Principal.
The Principal is a volunteer position. Below are the eligibility requirements and desired qualification:
•Must have integrity and be willing to voluntarily serve the school with passion and enthusiasm
•Must be committed to the long-term growth and development of HXGNY
•People with at least one year working experience with HXGNY admin team and with proven leadership skills are strongly preferred.
To apply, please email your name, qualification and a statement of plans and ideas on how to run the school to the board hxgnyboard@googlegroups.
Board Nomination Committee
back to top
Chinese American Citizens Alliance (CACA) is holding a national-wide Essay Contest on March 5th, 2016, 1:00pm-3:00pm for high school students currently in 9-12th grade.
The essay contest is intended to foster creative thinking and self-expression and encourage an awareness of current local and world events. Top placing finishers receive cash scholarship towards their education endeavors.
Participants are asked to compose an essay in English not to exceed 500 words on a contemporary topic concerning the Chinese and Asian American communities. The essay topic is given at the time of the contest.
Please visit CACA National Headquarter website below for more detailed contest information.
New York Contest Location:
First Chinese Baptist Church: 21 Pell Street, New York, NY 10013
To register for New York Contest please use this link:
New Jersey Contest Location:
Rockaway Township Public Library: 61 Mt Hope Road, Rockaway, NJ 07866
To register for New Jersey Contest please use this link:
back to top
Seminar Topic: Tax Strategies and Asset Protection & Trust
Seminar Time: 9:30-11:30AM Sunday, March 6, 2016
Seminar Speakers: MetLife–Ms. Eileen Zhang & Mr. Stevens J. Kasselman
Seminar moderator: Yiqiao Mao
Ms. Eileen Zhang: Functional Manager, Financial Services Representative, Investment Adviser Representative, Registered Representative, Service from 1999, Million Dollar Round Table (Court of the Table-Life Member), Chairman’s Council, President’s Conference-Life Member, Leader’s Conference (15 Times)
Mr. Stevens J. Kasselman: Licensed in NY, FL, MA, Former Adjunct Professor of Law, Founder, National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys, Practice Limited to Estate Planning and Asset Protection, Guest Speaker on CNBC
There will be DRAWING PRIZES at this seminar session.
back to top
Time: 2/28, 1:30 – 3:30 PM; Location: 3 Bedford Rd, Armonk, NY 10504
2015-2016《小语世界》第七期与大家见面了，清新版面， 精彩文章，请点击这里阅读。如果你有好的文章，愿与我们分享， 请将稿件投至hxgnysubmissions@gmail.
Lunch service starts at 11:30am at the B registration room.
back to top