- 本周日6/12 健康讲座：认识三高及成年人的健康管理
- 2015-2016年度结业典礼(2016 Graduation and Award Ceremony 6/19)
- 失物招领 (Lost and found Items)
时间 ： Sunday, 6/12，10:00am
地点 ： B seminar room
The Go tournament sponsored by the Huaxia Chinese School of Greater New York was held on June 5th, 2016 at White Plains High School, NY. It was the first AGA-rated tournament organized by Leon Lei and Jie Tang, with attendees from various cities in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. With over 30 attendees, children (aged 6-12), mostly Go students from the Chinese school, competed in a casual round-robin tournament while adults (AGA members) played in rated games. The tournament had a special guest, Matthew Hu 2p, from California. Along with Yingshyan Ku 3k, the two of them gave a presentation on the highlights of the Lee Sedol v. Alpha Go games. Matthew also played simultaneous games with students of the Huaxia Chinese School.
Maurice Buchholtz, Ben Cao, Serina Wang, FangLin Yuan, and Tianqi Xing won the First Prizes. William Zhang, Adrian Wang, Nuanyang Nova Wang, and John Lei won the Second Prizes. In AGA rated games, Andrew Vodopia won first place, and Jason Chimon won second place.
The tournament was a great success. The attendees provided positive feedback on their experiences and appreciated the opportunity to play Go at this convenient location. Special thanks go to Ms. Tang for her years of dedication in teaching and promotion of Go sports.
Please click here to see the pictures.
上周日廖冰女士给我们带来了一次很有启发的EQ Parenting 教育座谈。熟悉EQ parenting 理念的家长都知道，EQ Parenting三要素包括建立良好的亲子关系，
1. Between Parent and Child，孩子，把你的手给我: The Bestselling Classic That Revolutionized Parent-Child Communication – Dr. Haim G. Ginott and Alice Ginott
2a. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk，你会听孩子就肯说 – Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
2b. How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk
2c. Parent Effective Training – Thomas Gordon
2d. Nonviolent Communication – A Language of Life – Marshall Rosenberg
3. How Children Succeed，性格的力量: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character – Paul Tough
4，Mindset – the New Psychology of Success – Carol Dweck
5. David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants – Malcolm Gladwell (Author)
6a. Boys Adrift，浮萍男孩，: The Five Factors Driving the Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men – Leonard Sax
6b. Girls on the Edge，危机边缘–女孩请当心: The Four Factors Driving the New Crisis for Girls–Sexual Identity, the Cyberbubble, Obsessions, Environmental Toxins – Leonard Sax
7. Why Gender Matters – Leonard Sax
8. The Collapse of Parenting – Leonard Sax
9. Smart Parenting for Smart Kids – Eileen Kennedy-Moore
10. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking，安静的力量–内向者的静争力： – Susan Cain
11. Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child The Heart of Parenting，孩子， 你的情绪我在乎： – John Gottman (Author), Joan Declaire (Author), Daniel Goleman (Foreword)
12. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People，高效能人士的七个习惯: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephen R. Covey (Author)
13. Emotional Intelligence – Daniel Goleman
14. You just don’t understand -Tannen,Deborah
Over the school years, we have collected a lot of items forgotten by the students. Please come to Information Desk in B seminar room to find your kid’s lost item. If not claimed this Sun, we will donate them.