本期编辑： 肖雁 (Sandy Xiao)
新学年常见问题解答 New School Year FAQ
我们热烈欢迎新老华夏家庭，并期待着和所有家长、老师、 志愿者们共同努力打造一个更大、更强、更美好的华夏。 在本期新学年开学专刊中， 我们会对一些家长常见问题作出解答， 请大家仔细阅读。
Dear HXGNY parents:
Our 2016-2017 school year will start this Sunday 09/11. With collective efforts from all parents, teachers and volunteers, we will make our beloved HXGNY an even better school.
In this school open special edition, we will make some important announcements and answer some frequently asked questions from the parents. Please read carefully.
1. 学校教学楼变更及停车指南 map and parking?
3. 我在哪里可以找班级教师和教室信息 classroom info?
5. 注册台、咨询台在哪里 registration and information desk?
6. 我还可以给我的孩子注册课程吗 late registration?
8. 开学前有学校开放日吗？ open house/orientation day?
9. 我可以给孩子转班吗? (文化课、语言课) class transfer?
10. 家长文化课什么时候开始 parent culture class for adult?
12. 孩子上学后家长可以去哪里 parents leisure time?
13. 我以前没来过中文学校，有没有人可以给我介绍一下学校 general introduction?
14. 第一周有午餐出售吗。 Lunch on the first day?
1. 学校教学楼及停车指南. School classroom building and parking guidance.
[HXGNY] This year, we have both A and B building. The A building is on the same side as the auditorium. B building is closest to the North Ave entrance. All preK to 3nd grade, CSL and AP classes will be in A building, Please enter the parking lot from Bryant Ave and use the A building entrance (see map below). 4th grade and above will be in B building. Please use the North street parking lot. To assure smooth traffic, please do NOT make drop off stops along curb side. Please also do NOT park at the Fire Lanes, the police may issue you a ticket if you are parked illegally.
2. 我在哪里可以找到学校新学年校历？ Where can I find school calendar?
[HXGNY] School calendar has been published on our web site http://www.hxgny.org. Please click CALENDAR.
3. 我在哪里可以找班级教师和教室信息? Where can I find teacher’s name and classroom number of my child’s class?
[HXGNY] This information has been published on our web site http://www.hxgny.org. For language classes, click HERE. For culture classes, click HERE. You should also have received email from class teachers and/or class parents.
4. 我在哪里领教科书？ Where can I get textbooks for my children?
[HXGNY] All textbooks will be distributed by class parents in the classroom. However, textbooks are only available for students who have paid tuition in full before Friday 09/09. You may pay tuition in person at our registration desk. Please note, the school orders and distributes textbooks at cost. The school will not refund or exchange textbooks if the textbooks are not in pristine condition.
5. 注册台、咨询台在哪里？ Where is the registration desk, information desk?
[HXGNY] We will have volunteers answer general questions at A and B building entrance. For more specific questions or registration related issues, please come to our registration desk and information desk at B001, the room where we host our seminars. On open house day (09/10), you can find our registration desk outside auditorium.
6. 我还可以给我的孩子注册课程吗？I have not registered my child yet. Can I still register?
[HXGNY] Yes, the registration is still open. You can register online (http://reg.hxgny.org/
7. 我在哪里可以付学费？ How can I make tuition payment?
[HXGNY] You can pay tuition by login into your account and click on the “Pay by Paypal” button (you do NOT need to have Paypal account). It will allow you to either pay by paypal or pay by credit card.
8. 开学前有学校开放日吗？ open house/orientation day?
[HXGNY] 大纽约华夏中文学校（HXGNY）将于周六9月10日 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM 在Auditorium举办全校开放日（请停在A停车场）。
这将给新家庭提供最好的机会来了解学校，体验 HXGNY 的独到之处。通过一系列的介绍和参观，大家将有机会与教师，
The HuaXia Chinese School of Greater New York (HXGNY) will host a school-wide Open House on Saturday Sept 10th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in the Auditorium (Please parking in the A parking lot in the back).
This is the best way for first-time families to visit the school and see what makes the HXGNY experience so special. Through a series of presentations and tours, our guests will get a chance to meet with teachers, administrators, and parents and to hear directly from them about HXGNY – its language and culture classes, its activities for kids and adults, its teachers and its possibilities; it will also be a great opportunity for existing families to know what is coming in the upcoming new school year, meeting old and new friends, and starts to plan for the new 2016-2017 school year. We will have special New Family orientation at 11AM and 1PM, to cover all the details about the school and helping new families to be integrated into our school smoothly.
9. 我可以给孩子转班吗? (文化课、语言课） Can I make class transfers?
[HXGNY] Yes. Any transfer request will need to be approved by the registration team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the registration desk at B001 to submit such request.
10. 家长文化课什么时候开始？When does the parents culture clubs start?
[HXGNY] HXGNY offers a number of interesting clubs to the parents including Line/Latin Dance, Folk Dance, Ballroom Dance, Dance Sport, Yoga, Calligraphy, Chinese Traditional Painting, Tai-Chi, Bagua, Chorus, Chess & Poker, Badminton, Basketball and Grandparents English clubs. The club schedule is available on the school website. The registration is open. The first class starts the second week of the school, which is on September 18.
11. 运动馆本周开吗？ Will the gym be open this weekend?
[HXGNY] Yes, north and south gym will be open.
12. 孩子上学后家长可以去哪里？ Where can the parents go after dropping off kids?
[HXGNY] You can join basketball and badminton clubs at the gym with a fee. The gyms will be open this weekend. If you would like to register any adult culture class, please refer to the adult culture class section. Soccer field and tennis courts are also available on campus. Lower level H cafeteria can comfortably accommodate hundreds of people with vending machines and restrooms within the room. You may rest and chat with friends (please make sure you do not disturb any on-going classes). Starting second week of school, you can find chess clubs in H cafeteria.
13. 我以前没来过中文学校，有没有人可以给我介绍一下学校？ This is my first time to the school, can someone give me a general introduction or take me for a tour?
[HXGNY] The best place to start with is our web site http://hxgny.org. If you need a short tour around the school, please come to the school information desk located at B001. If we have available volunteers, we can take the new parents for a group tour. Open house on Saturday (09/10) is also a good time for you to see the campus and talk to our teachers, volunteers.
14. 第一周有午餐出售吗? Is there lunch on the first day?
[HXGNY] Lunch sale starts at 11:30am every Sunday in the B registration room.
15. 有问题找谁可以解答? Who may I contact if I have questions?
[HXGNY] For general questions, please come to our information desk located at B001. If it is not on school days, you may email email@example.com.